History


On the first Sunday of 1954, 43 people met for Sunday School and church services at the American Legion Hall in Griffith.  Over the next two years, this small congregation began a building program and faced a number of trials, but on August 5, 1956 they held the dedication service for completed facility on 826 North Harvey Avenue.  The church continued to grow through the years, adding two additions to the original church building which were completed in 1992.